Wednesday 17 December 2014

Regia Design Line - Hubba Hubba

I think I've at least intimated - if not out right stated - that I'm going to do sock yarn a different way from now on. It was the Fluro that made me think of it - basically, socks are quick and dirty projects aren't they? Get 'em done whilst you're in a queue, waiting for the kids in the car, at the pub. Choose the brightest colour you can and knock 'em out quick. Therefore what keeps them interesting is the different colours and ways that they interact, so we're going to buy all of one lot of yarn for you, sell it through and then get another lot in. This means that even in our tiny tiny shop we can still have exciting and fresh new sock yarns for you to churn out. It does mean, of course, that you need to buy quick if you fall in love because it's not coming back (sorry 'bout that. Not sorry. *capitalist mwahaha*) but it also means if you miss something then the likelihood is that there'll be something amazing in in a few weeks time. With that in mind let me introduce you to the fahhhhhbulous and brand new (to us) Kaffe Fassett's Regia Design Line:


From top to bottom left to right: 

Snappy    -    Anthracite    -    Dark Night    -    Shadow Stripe
Sizzle    -    Delphinium    -    Icing Sugar    -    Plum Pudding
Heather    -    Moor    -    Misty    -    The Book

 Aren't they just divine?!?! I am so in love with Kaffe's colours (I've no idea why I use just his first name as if I know him...) but then I think everybody is aren't they? These are just perfect - unusual but with a good mix of brights, darks, neutrals, lights. Mmmmm. Something for everybody.

And on that note - we're already close to selling out of the Delphinium, the Dark Night and the Anthracite. They've only been in the shop for a day... Remember folks, once they're gone they're gone.

Once more for the google rankings - Regia Kaffe Fassett Design Line Sock. Ahhhhh.

And what's more exciting is that there's a book to go with it designed by the man himself! It's called the Regia Journal - Color Effects by Kaffe Fassett and it's available to buy through us if you just click on the link here. The star of the show, for me anyway, is the front cover piece:


 A stole which he's then worked into a 'loop' (I guess that's like an oversized cowl or an infinity scarf) and finally a BLOODY JACKET!


PHWOOOOOAR! GERRALOADATHAT! Isn't that just the cutest thing ever?! There are so many customers I can see who'd look great in it but maybe not that many who'd dare make it. I say bloody go for it ladies! Or gents! :)

Apart from that there are some cute and wearable snuggly jumpers, a couple of simple fairisle type vests, kids bits, some cushions and a couple of accessories. All in all a bloody good book and well worth the piddly £5.00. Have a good old gander here.

That's it! How exciting ey! I've been able to do it because we're finally down to the last four colours in the Mix It which is in itself and amazing yarn that I've loved having around. I've been busy making socks for Christmas and one of them is in shade number 9385 which is an uninspiring name for this beaut: 
 

Cool huh? SO much better knitted than in a ball. :). 

And that's your lot. I've got to work out where I can fit this stuff on the shelves and then from about 5 o'clock onwards I am knitting. my. sock. I will get Christmas done on time this year. 

Love Eleanor. xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment