Tuesday 13 March 2012

Spring Greens

One of the oddest things about owning this shop is that people ask me for colour advice. Honestly, my friends think it's laughable that I advise people on what to wear. Literally - laughing out loud at the idea in the pub... Hmm. I'm one of those people who likes what I like and I'm not that bothered if it doesn't suit me. The only thing I won't wear is pastels because I look dead. But I lament the fact that I look dead and I always try pastels on in the changing rooms but I never buy.

At the boozey boozey  one of my lovely customers made us all laugh by saying that green never suited her but she loved it so she wore it and wore it until everybody believed that it actually did suit her. We all pointed out that we hadn't known her before her people conditioning experiment but we all thought it suited her and she was slightly lost for words. Oh how we laughed. :)

Anyway, it's no surprise that my favourite colour is GREEEEEEEEEEEEEN! Actually, it might be a surprise - I can't remember mentioning it here. But all of our branding - what little we have - is GREEEEEEEEEEEEEN! That's because I love GREEEEEEEEEEEEEN! and I got to choose it. I put my foot down! I love all greens apart from highlighter greens (but even then I quite like it I'd just choose other shades over it in all circumstances apart from highlighting circumstances - time and a place...).

Look here:


That's the 'grass' and the 'apple' in the Smooth DK.

And here: 


That's the 'green' in the Big Value 4ply.

And here: 


That's the 'tartan green' and 'everglade' in the Superwash Merino DK.

And, be still my beating heart, here:


That's the 'green mix' in the Fortissima Sock.

(I made it big because I love it so much but now it looks a bit shite and I don't know how to change it back - whoops!). 

Look at all of those lovely greens! Isn't it fresh and springy and wonderful!? Look here:  






Doesn't that make you want to walk in a field or the woods or the countryside to lap up all the delicious greeeeeeeeen.

Let's not forget that green is also the colour of dinosaurs. What could be better? Green hair perhaps!?!?


Haha - I've been thinking about this since I was 16 and I bought the dye months ago but yesterday, I finally plucked up the courage to go for it. I must say, I've had a fairly good response, but I noticed that even though I was crocheting furiously on the bus, not a single granny came to chat with me. I've lost all of my bus friends!

Oh well - now I can have my green fix by looking in the mirror! And maybe pastels will suit me now? It's been a good ten years since I've been anything but red/reddish brown...

Love Eleanor. :)

P.s. Would you trust this woman's colour advice? Haha.



3 comments:

  1. Loving it! Only slight drawback may be that folk will think it's a St Patrick's day special :0)) Bring On the Free Guiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green. I have been contemplating purple, what kind of dye did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - since you said that Sue two people have asked if it's for St. Paddy's day...

    Alittlebitsheepish (I know I know your real name but I can't think...). - I used 'La Riche' in alpine green. Got it from the newish hair shop on Upper Parliament Street, across from Flares. I've never dyed my hair a silly colour before so I don't know how good it is comparatively but I liked it in general. Go purple!!!

    ReplyDelete