Sunday 16 October 2011

The weaving bug claims another victim !!

OK, first a little update om the inkle loom, I have now warped it up with some yarn from the shop and I am busy practising following pattern charts so watch this space !!
In the meantime fellow Knit Nottingham spinner Wikkidknitter called round for coffee at the weekend and raided my toy loom collection! Now when I say toy loom, I mean circa 1970 spears weaving loom, rigid heddle 16inch wide supposedly designed to weave several feet if you can work out how to store the excess warp. Anyway after also raiding my yarn stash ( Eleanor, I need some more yellow please ) he started an experiment in making a checked scarf.
Later I dug out a smaller loom and made myself a narrow scarf from some hand spun that's been lying around for a while.




So if you've been wanting to learn how to spin but are not really sure about knitting weaving maybe the thing for you and is you can't wait to spin I know a shop full of yarn :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment