Friday 22 July 2011

I really should be doing other stuff...

But my eyes are going funny from all the html code and I just can't face tidying... So I'm here, talking to you, with a cup of coffee and it's making me much happier and less stressed. Hello lovely crafters!!

I've got so much to say - it's been the most manic time. Sort of like how it was before Christmas. We wrote in the business plan that summer would be a quieter time of year, and so it has been... in the shop. Blimey! Everything else has just blown up all of a sudden!!

There's news on the shop worker front: Liese has only gone and got herself a proper job!!! So she's going to be taking a step back on the marketing and her going out and about bits and bobs (though I'm dead impressed with the lacework she's been getting up to so I hope we at least get updates here...). Same goes for Jazz. I think she made herself bankrupt when she went to Knit Nation and scored Wollmeise (she's not shown me the colour yet, she may think I'd be forced to steal it for her own good, she'd be right...) so she's off answering phones and not being allowed to knit all day (mwahahaha!). We'll miss them both and we'd like to thank them for all the hard work they've put in - sad times.  

But they both need replacing so we've scoured the globe to find June! Funnily enough, though we trawled and trawled for your benefit, June just lives around the corner! Funny that... Anyway, she knits like a dream, she has a dry wit, good toenails and she drinks red wine like a trooper (and white wine. And gin. And vodka. We think she'll fit right in here...). She'll be taking over the marketing so you'll here a lot from her on here, over on facebook and on rav. She'll also be in the shop a fair bit so come and make her acquaintance - you won't regret it. :)

And now for the most exciting news!! I'M HAVING A HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not going anywhere, mind you. But I am having eight glorious days of sunbathing (maybe), knitting (definitely), laying in bed 'till noon (somebody would be in trouble if I didn't...). Oh, and a bit of finishing up WIP's.

But, you know me folks, I'm disorganised and a bit of a workaholic so I've only gone and booked myself in to do some workshops at Husqvarna. Beginner's Knitting and Beginner's Crochet on the 29th and 30th (respectively) to be precise. Click those links to book yourself in - there's space on both but a few more on the knitting so get in there quick for crochet and spread the word to non-knitters. It'd be a great day out for mother and daughter bonding or father and daughter, father and son.... basically anybody and anybody and if you book two workshops, or two people on one workshop, at the same time we give you a discount (you'll have to pop in or ring through for that though, it's not been listed on ooh.com...). There'll be tea and biscuits - we promise! :)

Anyway, back to the holiday. I have a list of things to do as long as an 80cm circular plus my arm! It mainly includes getting things on the webshop which is a t.e.d.i.o.u.s. job. Blimey. Who does html for a living and why?! It's extra irritating for me because apparently my, and only my, internet explorer doesn't like the admin part of our webshop so I have to use the opera browser which plods along like my old BBC computer from when I was about four... Oh, such is life. But I do now have the needles, hooks and notions on there and pretty soon there will be patterns (but that's the bit that's so frustrating it's making me want to break knitting needles into tiny. Little. Pieces. Have I managed to get over how frustrating I find this yet?!!?).

Finally, one of our customers gave me this:



I know you can't see it very well, but it's a cupboard to make the pattern folders tidy as a swap for some yarn that's been in my stash for about forever and I was never going to use. Maybe I'll get around to labelling the folders properly now... I think I won the bargain there - she's not so sure...

P.s. Really, honestly, finally:



The same customer swapped me those magnificent buttons (see it's some sort of knight holding some sort of grizzly, chopped off head!!!) for some crummy old plastic buttons. Again, she thinks she got the best of those bargains. Some people ey!? :)

See you soon folks!

Love,

Eleanor.

P.P.P.S The shop will still be open when I'm away - never fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment