Thursday 23 June 2011

My first full day at the shop

Yesterday was spent at Knit Nottingham undertaking a stock take. This was the first time that I had spent a whole day surrounded by the shop yarns, counting them, petting them and generally getting to know their different properties and colours.

knit nottingham
I soon found myself up to my knees in yarn to be sorted.Yarn was put taken off shelves, put in boxes, taken out of boxes, put back on shelves, rescued from under the table and the odd balls were returned to their families.

knit nottingham

Somehow sorting a box of wool into piles of colour reminded me of sorting buttons as a child.

knit nottingham

We have moved things around a little to really show off the yarns, I hope you all enjoy the new display cupboards and I am sure you may recognise them as the ones that were previously stood in the window.

knit nottingham

Other display areas have been sorted.


knit nottingham

knit nottingham

The needles and spindles have had a good dust down


knit nottingham

AND.......we found the floor!

knit nottingham

why not pop in and have a look?

2 comments:

  1. A really productive day! fab photos Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I think I might have to come in and spin around with joy, it looks beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete